NYC DoT Traffic Camera Archive
This project was created to preserve NYC’s live traffic camera feed and make it available as a news and information resource for the public. The archive is available here.
The NYC DoT is not affiliated with this project - though they are welcome! We’d love to work with an official feed that would enable archiving of footage for all of NYC on a more frequent basis. Please note that everything is provided on an as-is basis, without any guarantees or limitations. Get in touch if you’d like to see this project expanded or would like to contribute!
- Files are organized in hourly folders: /<YEAR>/<MONTH>/<DAY>/<HOUR>/… Each folder contains:
- A comma-seperated file named key.txt, with the following information in each row:
Image frames bundled by camera in tar files: <CAMERA ID>-<YEAR>-<MONTH>-<DAY>-<HOUR>.tar
- CAMERA ID: Numerical ID correponding with a given camera.
- BOROUGH: The borough in which a given camera is located.
- LOCATION: The specific location of a given camera within the borough.
- Within bundles, the suffix of each image filename corresponds with the time it was captured: <CAMERA ID>-<YEAR>-<MONTH>-<DAY>-<HOUR>:<MINUTE>:<SECOND>.jpg
- Currently limited to the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Images are captured every 1 to 30 seconds per camera.
- Archive is updated hourly, within the hour after original capture.